Monday, March 21, 2005

Chatting with friends

Just read my last couple of posts and I guess they're fairly negative, isn't life crap/dull etc type of posts. So here's a positive one.
I guess you've worked out that life at the moment for me is fairly dull. I mean, while a weekend where the highlights are two films is normal enough for me, having to enthuse about the films on the internet rather than with, you know, actual people isn't. When I moved from London to Scotland it was to start a brave new adventure, but thats all seemed a bit flat lately and I was feeling a bit crap about it all.
Last night I got a phone call from my best friend who'd just got back from his 3 week honeymoon in Thailand (lucky git) and it's amazing how chatting stuff through with him made things seem that much better. And again this morning, I got online to find another of my best friends had not only read the drivel that is this blog, but was on MSN and chatting about coffee (always an important subject), holidays (ones we'd had and how much we'd like one) and life in general.
Isn't it great how chatting with friends makes the world seem like a much better place.

And talking about coffee, just want to celebrate my latest gadgety type purchase. It's a mug. Ok, I know that's hardly an impressive thing to talk about, but this mug has a cafetierre type plunger in it. That means that if, like me, you live in a place where you're the only person who drinks coffee, you can make real, proper, beatiful coffee a mug at a time and stop wasting half a cafetierre everytime you fancy drinking real coffee rather than something that only resembles coffee in the way a westlife song resembles real music (badly, in case you weren't sure).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home