Friday, April 01, 2005

A Busy Few Days

The last few days have been really busy. I've been helping out at a kids holiday club all week (apart from when I was ill) which is not my favourite thing in the world (I can't deal with gangs of kids without the use of a baseball bat). The positive side effect to this is that I've had the afternoon and evenings off and so I've had an interesting few days.

On Wednesday I was about to write a huge rant at the stupidity of the Scottish BBC for not showing the England match live, but as I walked out of the coffee shop (where I'd spent a great afternoon chatting to a good friend and drinking good coffee) I saw the football about to start through the window of, what looks like, a very run down pub. But since I like run down pubs and England matches, I didn't really think too hard (at least 2 seconds) before heading in... and having the greatest evening I've had in ages. We won the football (although it was a fairly uninspiring match) but the pub was fantastic! At one point, there was me, the bar staff and the manager just sat down, listening to MY IPOD over the stereo arguing about which was the best Oasis album (obviously a choice of two, Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory). And the rest of the evening was like that! It was like living for an evening in a (admittedly very geeky) version of Cheers, where everyone knows your music. So I'll be going back there at some point!

The last couple of days have been fairly dull though. I was supposed to be meeting a couple of friends in the centre of Edinburgh for a huge underground open air pillow fight. But unfortunately I had to spend the afternoon editing a video for someone so didn't make it. Today we had to pack down and clean after the week, so finished late, and been collapsed at home in front of the tv watching Natalie Imbruglia (extremly beautiful) and Eddie Izzard (extremely funny) on Jonathon Ross and eating Curry. So it's ended well at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home