Thursday, May 18, 2006

I'm sorry, ok.

I know it's been almost a month since I blogged and I'm sorry. It's not like I forgot all about you. It's just that when I have sat down to write something I've either been interrupted (actually just deleted three draft posts) or been so struck by the apparently contageous bloggers-block that I've not actually been able to think of anything to say. Today however, I had Hoylus, Matt L and Tim (who I've not seen for ages but was really nice to get a comment from, so Hi Tim) making comments about me not writing anything and, again as you all know, I'm nothing if not willing to bow to peer pressure, so here is a new post about the things that I've been up to this month.

I went to see the Kaiser Chiefs at Brixton Academy. They were excellent.

I watched 'Life Is Beautiful' on DVD and was reminded what a wonderful, powerful and ultimately teary film it is.

Steve, one of the guys who I share, or rather shared, a house with has left to sun himself in Australia, and various other places as he learns how to teach people to sail, scuba dive, windsurf and various other things that you can do if you get bored sitting on a beach. It was sad to see Steve go as I was just getting to know him really well and appreciate the friend that he is before he left to have fun all over the world (no jealousy, honest). The up side to all this is that I now have a permanent place to live and a new room which, incredibly, has remained tidy and clean for an entire month (I'm scared Lizzy will shout at me if it gets into a mess).

This month I've been listeing to the Raconteurs album (brilliant), Richard Ashcroft's slighly inconsitently brilliant new album and anything that my ipod has randomly shuffled to as I walk around.

I've watched nearly two series of Alias with Sparky and Lizzy and am absolutely loving it.

And finally (suddenly came over all Trevor McDonald then, sorry) I watched the last episode ever of the west wing. This was a sad moment for me. Yes, since Aaron Sorkin left at the end of series 4 it's never been quite the same, but a bad episode of the west wing is still better than pretty much anything else on TV. My only consolation is that I can hapily re-watch them again and again on DVD and enjoy them everytime.

Will do my absolute best to post more often since my bloggers-block seems to have, at least for now, gone.

10 Comments:

At 8:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're back! We missed you!

Thanks for the latest blog - really good to hear how things are. I got a little bit scared when I saw you start writing about the West Wing and almost had to put my fingers in my ears (or eyes?) and go 'la, la, la, la, not listening....' to avoid any spoiling of the plot. Thankfully you didn't go there.

They are currently still showing Season 6 here in Dubai and I see from Amazon.co.uk that Season 7 comes out on DVD (in the UK at least) on my birthday! Em, if you are reading this, that was a very unsubtle hint. Can't wait to see the final series, haven't seen any of it yet.

 
At 12:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, please don't put your fingers in your eyes! I would never spoil the west wing for you, especially considering you and Em were my original West Wing Dealers that got me hooked in the first place. I personally think series 7 is the best since Sorkin left, so enjoy when you get the chance (Em, take the hint!)

 
At 5:36 pm, Blogger Matt Leeder said...

Who is Sorkin? He left? What? You have soo spoilt it for me now!

I keep intending to watch it but,m quite franky, can't afford the outragious price of a box set (They still aren't in bargain bins!)

Oh and Steve - my birthday's two days after yours - isn't that nice :)

 
At 3:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do I have to buy matt a present too?

 
At 9:48 am, Blogger Hoylus said...

Mine's August 11th and I haven't watched any since seaon 4 - so that 3 boxsets please!

 
At 2:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyone who doesn't know who Aaron Sorkin is or who abandoned the West Wing after season 4 is not worthy of a present!

 
At 2:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!

Good to hear you're still alive and finally got a more permanant place to live.

We'll have to meet up soon and celebrate being music nerds.

 
At 3:55 pm, Blogger Matt Leeder said...

Well, you can buy me a present if you would like to.

I, err, could find our who this Soreen bloke is if that helps my case?

(I bet you buy cool presents)

 
At 3:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 
At 7:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home