Monday, April 25, 2005

The Longest Day

That's been a horrible day.
This morning I had to tell my bosses (one of which is my flatmate) that I was leaving. That was at a meeting that we left for at 9:00. It went ok I guess, could've been better. Could've been a lot worse.
Then on the way home we broke down. Flat tyre on the minibus. And I'll tell you something. There's no way any of the grand prix teams could have got the wheel off in 10 seconds. The bolts were rusted on so we had a huge struggle to change that.
Then spent the afternoon setting up the hall. Then two clubs. Then I had to tell the rest of my team that I was leaving, which was horrible and I dealt with it really badly since it turned out they already knew.
Now it's 9:30 and I've got to get a waste of time preaentation ready for tomorrow.
I'm exhausted.
BUT that's it! It's official. I'm moving back home (London) and I can't wait. I'm going to miss one or two people up here, and I really don't like that I've had to leave the project after only two years. But it's the right decision. And I feel a huge wave of relief knowing that that's it.
So, going to eat. Go for a walk to get my head together. Work on the presentation. Go to bed. Watch the West Wing and waste a day at college tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home