Monday, April 11, 2005

Home Sweet Home?

So the last couple of days have been fairly eventful. I got off the train at 7:00 Friday night and went straight from the station to a local curry house to meet some friends who were up from london for a couple of days. It was great to catch up (and eat a great curry, at the Himalaya if you're interested) and I spent the rest of the weekend with them. Some of it was work, but spent some time showing them round edinburgh, which was really pleasent, and drinking coffee at Neros, which is always good.
One of the things that came out of the weekend, was one of my friends inviting me out to Cyprus for a holiday at the end of May, which I'm obviously taking him up on since it's an incredibly cheap holiday. My friend Emily was born in Cyprus and her family live out there and own (among others) a beautiful house by the beach which I've spent time in a couple of times before. I'm really looking forward to going back there, and spending a week lying on the beach, reading, listening to music, swimming and eating at really good, really cheap Cypriot restaurants. The previous two times I've been out there were fantastic. The first time we went Steve and Em were just friends, the second time they were going out. This time they're married. Which has nothing to do with anything, except that this time I'm going away with two married couples, which could be weird but they're all really good friends, so it'll be good fun, I hope.
Going from Sheffield, to a weekend with friends and then back to work today has helped to convince me that it's time to move on. I've just never settled here, and I'm ready to move on. If this seems like a recurring theme at the moment, it's cos I've been thinking alot about it. So on another subject:
I went to see Sahara last week, and really enjoyed it, and not just because Penelope Cruz is in it. It's a really good adventure film, sort of like Indiana Jones, but with some James Bond thrown in. Go and see it.
Also, I've spent today listening to Athlete's new (came out in January) album again and if you can get past Joel sliding up to every note, it's really worth listening to. It's one of those albums where you think that every song was written about either how you're feeling now, or how you've felt in the past and was written specifically for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home