Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Power of Music

I guess from my previous post it's pretty clear that I'm not in the greatest of moods at the moment. This was not helped by the fact that I have a meeting tomorrow that's going to be really difficult cos I have to let down some people that I don't want to let down. And also by the fact that I'd just spent 2 hours of my life, for reasons that are unlikely to be made clear at this point, in a room full of old women trying to play music I don't know on the piano.
So I left the hall in an unsurprisingly bad mood.
I put my ipod on. It was on Random. The sun was shining. 'My Generation' by the who came on and I sang along to the 'why don't you all f......ade away' with real meaning. Then 'Hey Dude' by Kula Shaker came on and I walked down the street playing air guitar. THEN the Beatles came on singing 'Good Day Sunshine' and by this time, as I walked into the flat I was skipping (almost literally) along to the music, smiling and feeling good about things. Not sure how long this will last (probably not long), but I've still got my ipod on random, through my stereo, loudly, and just for the moment, life seems ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home