Saturday, May 07, 2005

A tired week and a General Election.

Sorry it's been a long time since I posted anything, was away this last weekend at Roots so got back home on Monday evening knackered and haven't really caught up properly since, until today when I've been lying in bet til now (4:05 in the afternoon) sleeping and watching the West Wing. ALthough staying up to 5:00 on Thursday night to watch the general election results come in probably didn't help.

So Labour are back in for a third term, but with a substatially reduced majority. At the momemt it's down to 65 with one constituency still waiting to declare. I'm actually quite plesed about this. I think the reduction in the majority means that Tony Blair is going to have to pay alot more attention to his backbenchers who are generally more to the left than he is and so that can only be a good thing.

The tories did do ok in the end, although I'd be interested to see how much of the voting was decided on peoples attitudes to Tony Blair rather than either their local MP's or the parties manafestos. I think when Tony Blair does decide to leave and (hopefully) Gordon Brown takes over there's a good chance that, especially if the Tories are once again trying to reinvent themselves as the same thing under a new leader, there'll be a swing back to Labour. I just hope and pray that we'll see sensible, strong, compassionate goeverning from the Labout Party over the next few years. No more wars, and hopefully a very positive G8 in July.

And very quickly, I just had another look over the last post, and realised how ludicrously, stupidly, geekily long it was, so I thought I'd summarise it here quickly:
I really like the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home