Friday, June 10, 2005

Doing the Right Thing

Do you ever get that feeling that no matter what you do, it's wrong?
I've got that feeling a lot at the moment. In deciding to move from Edinburgh, back to London I have, I hope, made the right choice. However, in making that choice, there are some things that have suffered (college, Granton, my friends) and that sucks. You try and do your best by everyone, but eventually you have to end up getting it wrong somewhere so that you can get it right in the end (again, I hope).
Now the worst part of these sort of decisions for me, is when the decision I want to make isn't neccesarily the right decision over all. You end up doing the 'right thing' but feeling like that's the last thing in the world you actually want to do, and the longer you live with that decision the more it annoys you that you've had to make that decision in the first place.
I guess it's all part of this whole selfless thing. I sometimes wish that I could be completely selfish for a bit.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the 'thing' is this..... you never know until way after, whether it is, or isn't, the right thing....it's called blind, stupid, uncomfortable faith.. you sometimes just have to jump!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home