Monday, June 27, 2005

The Beginning of the End

I'm now into my last week in Scotland and I'm really not sure how I feel.
Today was the last youth club I'll work at in Granton. We had a barbeque and the young people, as usual, tried to kill each other. I was kind of dreading today, wasn't sure how I'd feel and now that it's over, I'm still not sure how I feel. If anything I just feel numb. You see, when I started work at this youth club, I really wanted to make a difference to the young people here. I wanted to help them move forward with their lives, help them learn that kicking each other isn't necessarily the best way of showing their friendship. Looking back over the two years that I've been there, I'm not sure I've done any of that, not sure I've made the difference that I wanted to. I just hope that in the future, someone will be able to.

Of course, I've still got a week before I leave. Which means that I still need to sort out and pack all my stuff. Still need to catch up and say bye to everyone here. And I still have some stuff to do at Granton, there's the kids club I help at on Wednesday, and the big community Barbeque on Sunday before I leave at the beginning of next week.

Right now though, there's a hollow feeling in my chest, like I should be feeling something, I'm just not sure what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home