Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A Hello Goodbye Kind of Day

Just got back from Glasgow. Yesterday was full of goodbyes to people and places, although I got to meet a couple of new people and places as well. I had my last lecture yesterday afternoon, which I was extremely happy about as I was able to say goodbye to college. In the evening I celebrated with some of the third years that were also leaving, then went out with Pete and Michaela. Pete has been a really good friend over the last couple of years and he's heading to London tomorrow to work at Wimbledon and brush shorts with, he hopes, Maria Sharapova, but which is much more likely to be Sir Cliff Richard, so it was a chance to say goodbye and have a good night out. Actually, I had a wonderful night.
Went to Bar Go, which has been a regular haunt of mine and Petes for two years. It's very chilled and they usually play some funky background music. They also project films (without the sound) and last night, for the first, and probably last time, Pete managed to beat me to working out what film it was (Silence of the Lambs if you're at all interested). After Bar Go we headed across town to go to a club called 'the garage' which promised us free entry and good music, and surprisingly delivered on both.
On the way there though we stopped off at 'nice 'n' sleazy's' which is a place AJ, a friend of ours from college, is always telling us we should go. As we were walking in, AJ was walking out, so he came back in to join us for a drink. Asked how his day had been, AJ came out with the best quote we'd heard for ages when he said "I got up way too early in the afternoon". Nice 'n' sleazy's turned out to be a great bar. Full of life and excellent music. Just sorry I found it on my last night out in Glasgow for a while.
The club was good fun, me, Pete and Michaela dancing away to Pulp, Ash, the Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand, the Killers, Oasis, why had I not been there before? Anyway, ended up there til about 3:30 then got a kebab on the way to Petes where I collapsed in a knackered, happy pile and woke up way too early in the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home