Friday, June 17, 2005

Lazy Days

I've been incredibly lazy today. Ok, I'd had a VERY late night on Tuesday, but had a lie in Wednesday before getting back here for club, but still didn't get up today til gone midday. The plan was to work on the next of my gazillion essays, but after a coffee and 20 min sat at my computer, gave in and headed to Sam and Hannah's to do (and these are Sam's words) 'something fun'. Apparently what this translates as is me sitting on the settee watching re-runs of 'all creatures great and small', which I loved as a kid and made me want to be a vet until I realised you had to know stuff about science, while Sam played a version of arkanoid on the computer. Not complaining really, actually enjoyed a day of doing nothing. Got home about 40 minutes ago so I could watch the highlights of England beating Bangladesh by 10 wickets at cricket today, and yes I realise that I'm the only person I know that cares about cricket, let alone England winning at it.

There was one heart-attack inducing incident today when, as I sat watching the Simpsons, the window directly (as in 20cms behind my head) smashed when a kid outside through a stone through it. Luckily I wasn't hurt, but it certainly got the adrenaline going, in the same way as when you have a bit of an accident in a car, so was a bit shaky for a bit.

I also arranged for what could be a heart-attack inducing event tomorrow when a friend called to ask me to play football for his workplace tomorrow afternoon. Couldn't think of a good excuse other than 'I'm crap and unfit' which I was never going to say, so tomorrow at 4:30 I'll be playing a competitive football match for the first time in about 10 years. If I survive, I'll tell you about it tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 2:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James my furture husband!, we're supposed to be childhood friends and you never knew that I LOVE cricket!!! Only when India are playing and when they win!! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home