Friday, July 29, 2005

It's Just Not Cricket!

Ok, to start off with I'd like to say how cool it is to be sat in cafe nero on my own computer using the wireless network. It's so good to be able to use my mac again after a month of annoying PC's!

Anyway, last night went out with a couple of friends to the pub. Apparently the latest craze with these particular friends is to play darts. Now, I've never played much darts but I have dabbled and since with my competitive instincts I realised that there were three of us and that (as far as I knew) only two people play darts at a time, I was hoping to be able to avoid complete humiliation by simpy, gracefully, allowing them to play while I watched.
No such luck.
They introduced me to a game called cricket (which has very little to do with the real game I might add) and unfortunately, this game can be played by three people. One person 'bowls' by throwing three darts, if they hit the bullseye, the 'batsman' they are bowling at is out and becomes the bowler. The batsman then gets to score in the usual darts way before the bowler then gets to bowl at the other batter. The first person to get to a pre-determined score is the winner. And, through a combination of sheer luck and a bit of skill... ok just through sheer luck, I won the first game! And was then rightfully destroyed in every other game we played.
It feels like I'm starting to find my feet in London now. Or at least, I've found the dart board.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the focus of your this post post on this blog.
Take a few minutes to visit wireless phone game for some really good wireless phone game info.
You will be glad you did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home