Wednesday, July 27, 2005

We apologise for the delay...

To start with, an apology, I’m sorry that it’s been so long since I actually wrote anything on my blog. This is mainly because my last few weeks have been completely mad.

I spent half my last week in Sheffield staying at my sisters and her husbands in Derby. Which was nice, but fairly uneventful. Although we did spend a day at Alton Towers, which was the worst trip to Alton Towers I’ve ever been on. It now costs £30 to get in and it was so busy that for my 30 quid I got to go on 6 rides and spent 2 and a half hours in one queue. When I got back, I had two days to sort all my stuff out for my move to Putney, London. So how did I sped that time? Packing and sorting? No. I spent those two days going out with my friends, watching the first Ashes test and sanding down a bench for my Nan. All this meant that, on Friday night, having been cooked for by Tina’s boyfriend (who is a wonderful chef by the way) and going out with Zoe and some of her work friends in Chesterfield and getting in at about 2:00 I had to then sort all my stuff out before leaving at 9:00 the next morning. I did have a great night out though. At one point we were in a place called the beach bar which served its beer in neon pink pint glasses, which I wasn’t a particular fan of, but they played some excellently cheesy music (think the blues brothers, madness, los lobos, early Beatles) and then we went to a club where Zoe’s friend blagged us all into the VIP section so it was all a lot of fun.

I am now writing this sat in my new favourite coffee shop on Putney high street. It makes great coffee and has internet access, which is great since the place that I’m living at the moment doesn’t. It’s wonderful, strange and weird to be back in London. I’m staying with my best friend and his wife, which I was worried would be awkward, but so far (after 4 days) hasn’t been. I start my new Youthwork job next Wednesday and at the moment I’m looking for a second job somewhere, although hopefully got one lined up at a local pub, just waiting to hear back from them. Anyway, that’s all I’ve got to say really at the moment. It all feels very much like a new start, just not sure what it’s the start of yet.

And I promise to try and update my blog more often now I’m a bit more settled, if nothing else it’s a good excuse to have a good cup of coffee.

2 Comments:

At 9:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the start of world domination Grinnell so, good luck to you.

 
At 4:44 pm, Blogger Sam said...

hiya...glad to hear you are settling in ok. I was started to worry you had disappeared into oblivion!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home