Monday, October 17, 2005

Parties

This has been a weekend of two parties. Which is good as it therefore, for the first time since I moved to London, hasn't involved Zulu's in any way. On Friday night it was my cousin's son's (no, I'm not sure what that makes him in relationship to me either) 6th birthday party and I, along with the rest of the family in the area and both sets of grandparents (one set of which is obviously, probably, my aunt and uncle) had an enjoyable evening watching Isaac play with his new train set. A train set where, when the train went, the headlights on the train came on. This obviously meant, at least to Isaac, that the optimum way to watch the train go round it's short, circular track was in the dark. This meant that we spent most of the evening sat round in the dark trying to work out which of the grandparents it was that was taking a photo at any particular point. On a separate issue, how do you know what to buy 6 year olds for their birthday? I spent about an hour wandering around the toy aisles in Woolworths trying to work out what he'd like which, in my head at least, included everything from a telescope, a spiderman sticker collection and a star wars figure before I realised I was just thinking of what I'd like myself. In the end I had to give a and phone his Mum to ask some advice and apparently a book about planes was a good choice, although I did find one with stickers in.

Em and Steve's leaving party was also a nice night. I'd spent the early evening at my current housemates art exhibition watching him sell his excellent paintings and drinking the free wine, which of course was the main draw of the evening (apart from supporting my friend obviously). The leaving party was good and would have been excellent if it hadn't been for all the people their that I'd not seen for a couple of years which meant of course that I had to spend most of the night either avoiding them, which didn't seem like a nice thing to do, or having the same conversation over and over again, like my own personal groundhog day. It was nice to catch up with people though and hopefully both Em and Steve had a good, although probably slightly strange night.

The final party I want to talk about hasn't happened yet. I've been invited to a fancy dress party where the theme is pop/rock stars. I'm not very good at this fancy dress stuff so I've got no idea who I should go as or what I should wear once I know who I should go as. If anyone has any bright ideas, let me know.

3 Comments:

At 10:15 am, Blogger Hoylus said...

It makes him your second cousin, I think.

 
At 10:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was first cousin, once removed.
Rosie

 
At 9:45 pm, Blogger Moondust said...

I would go as John Lennon :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home