Friday, September 02, 2005

Spitting Mad and Finally the New Phone

This last week I've sort of spent in a knackered, achey haze. Last weekend (a bank holiday weekend if you remember) I worked 3 14 hour shifts on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Now this in itself is fairly crap. Add to that the fact that I'm working for minimum wage, with no overtime and no extra pay for the bank holiday. Add to that the fact that (and remember my job is as a BARMAN) I spent all Sunday (day) learning how to make a spit and all Monday making them, as well as lugging spits, carcasses, crates and kegs of beer up and down the apparently limitless number of spiral staircases in the bloody building. It was crap, I was doing stuff that clearly doesn't fall within the job description of 'barman' and I was paid sod all for it. I was doing youthwork Tuesday, Wednesday and I'd arranged to meet a friend first thing Thursday morning, so today was the first chance I had to actually have a good, long lie in (which I did). And the fun thing? I get to start all over again at 6:00 tonight when I start my first shift of the weekend at the bar. I SO hope I get this job next week, cos then I can tell the admittedly nice people at the bar where they can stick their crappy job.

On a good note though, Orange finally sorted out my account and I got my lovely new phone today. I'm back on a Nokia (6230i if you're interested) and now I get to go home and play with it (my phone!) for a bit before I go to work. Which, as a geek, is something I'm looking forward to.

3 Comments:

At 5:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you changed your number then? Why have you been ignoring my texts? I want to catch up sometime soon, but I'm back of to Edinburgh next week so no chance of getting to London this summer. We will have to start communicating via email and not just blogs. Rosie

 
At 10:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work, i have a new cell phone(Nokia 6239 ouaiouuuuuuuu)!
oh my god!

 
At 9:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh, sorry mate, didn't mean to be anonymous, just can't figure this thingy out yet. Neophyte bloger you see.
Enjoy your phone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home