Friday, October 14, 2005

Talent

On Monday night I went to an acoustic night at the Half Moon in Putney and was absolutely blown away. Now, I like to think that I can play guitar a bit, sing slightly and even, in my more confident moods, think that I can maybe, you know, if I ever actually sat down and got on with it, write an occasional good song. However, Monday night showed me exactly where I stand on the scale of musical talent, and it's somewhere well and truly near the bottom. I heard about 6 people play, three girls, three lads, none of them signed, all of them amazing. The songs were outstandingly good, so much so that, if I'd had the money, I'd have brought a copy of every one of their home made cd's at £10 a copy. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to do that so had to pick my favourite, which was hard, but in the end had to be a girl called Adelaide Robarts who I fell in love with. She's beautiful, has a wonderful, sexy, raspy voice and writes songs of true beauty. I don't know if there's ever any chance of you hearing her, but if you happen to see her name outside a pub sometime, or if by some, quite deserved, miracle she does become famous then make sure you listen to her, you'll fall in love too.

Talking of talent, the more observant of you will have noticed a new look to my blog, for which I need to thank the incredibly talented Lloyd AKA 'Larddesigns'. He's a great friend of mine and told me he'd (and these are his words) 'pimp my blog' for me. I gave him my user information, logged on today and found this beautiful thing looking at me. Lloyd has an incredible knack of designing something that is uniquely his design style but also uniquely the thing, person, company, he is designing for and I absolutely love the new look he has given this site, it's very me, thanks mate.

As for my week. It's been good. Work is really starting to pick up. Spent Wednesday sat with three of our kids in their class helping them with their numeracy and hoping they wouldn't notice that I was only working things out a split second before they were. I'm not working at the pub this weekend because it's Steve and Em's (my friends I went to Cyprus with) leaving do as they're soon moving to Dubai, which is sad but means we have a party to go to and that I get a weekend away from the bar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home