Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My New Job

My new job started this week. So far I've had an induction, an office induction, a cupboard induction (no, that's not a joke) and met three kids, lots of teachers (including one very nice one!) and went to the greyhound track for a staff outing which, in case you were interested, I finished £13 up at. Actually, I'm probably being a bit glib about the work. I've actually really enjoyed it and am really starting to get a good grip on all the things I'm going to have to do, especially with the one on one mentoring stuff I'm going to have to be doing in schools.

Apart from the new job, the new/temporary house is going fine. It's a good bunch of guys that I live with and they all seem to approve of my DVD collection, which is always a good thing. Tonight I'm going with one of my new housemates (who I also now work with) and some other friends to watch the Chelsea v Liverpool match at the pub. That's once I've finished at work since I'm working at a break dancing club in 45 minutes. Don't worry though, I'm not teaching, or if at all possible, taking part in the actual break dancing, just supervising the young people.

2 Comments:

At 7:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those cupboards... pretty darn tricky!

 
At 10:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you'd be a great break dancer!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home